Slow Cooker Italian Beef - Solar Cookers.
Slow Cooker Italian Beef
- An Italian beef is a sandwich of thin slices of seasoned roast beef, dripping with meat juices, on a dense, long Italian-style roll, believed to have originated in Chicago, where its history dates back at least to the 1930s.
- A slow cooker, Crock-Pot (a US trademark that is often used generically), or Slo-Cooker (a UK trade mark that is often used generically) is a countertop electrical cooking appliance that maintains a relatively low temperature compared to other cooking methods (such as baking, boiling, and frying
- A countertop electrical cooking appliance that cooks food with low, steady, moist heat. It consists of a lidded round or oval cooking pot made of glazed ceramic or porcelain, surrounded by a housing, usually metal, containing a thermostatically controlled electric heating element.
- Am electric duck oven or casserole used to cook stews and soups slowly. Also known as a crock pot.
- A large electric pot used for cooking food, esp. stews, very slowly
Hearty Tomato Pasta Soup
Hearty Pasta Tomato Soup
1 lb bulk Italian sausage
6 cups beef broth
1 (28 oz) can stewed tomatoes
1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
2 cups sliced zucchini
1 large onion, chopped
1 cup sliced carrots
1 cup fresh mushrooms
1 medium green pepper, chopped
1/4 minced fresh parsley
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried basil
1 garlic clove, minced
2 cups frozen cheese tortellini
grated parmesan cheese
In a skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to 5 quart slwo cooker; add next 13 ingredients. Cover and cook on high for 3 - 4 hours or until veggies are tender.
Cook tortellini according to package directions; drain. Stir into slow cooker and cook 30 minutes longer. Serve with parmesan cheese if desired.
Recipe Notes: This makes a lot of soup. I mean a lot. My crock pot was full, actually too full. When I added the tortellini it overflowed a little bit. I actually put everything together the night before and put the crock pot liner in the fridge. In the morning I just dropped in it the crock pot and set to low for the day. We ate the soup that night, but I will admit the next days leftovers tasted better. When I make this again I think I'll simmer it on the stove in my stock pot and eat it the next day. Now I couldn't find any bulk sausage so I just bought some regular sausages and removed the casing. The only other change was to eliminate the carrots. Only because I forgot to pick some up, but I can't see me adding them when I make this again.
1 cup beef broth
1/4 cup Italian Vinaigrette Dressingl
1/4 cup Barbecue Sauce
1 tsp. dried oregano leaves
1 lb. boneless beef chuck for stew, cut into 1-1/4-inch cubes
1 lb. small red potatoes (about 8), cut into bite-size pieces
4 large carrots, cut into 1-inch-thick slices
1 large onion, cut into bite-size pieces
2 slices Bacon, chopped
3 Tbsp. flour
1/4 cup water
mix the first 4 ingredients in slow cooker. Add all remaining ingredients except flour and water; toss to coat. Cover with lid. Cook on LOW 8 to 9 hours (or on HIGH 4 to 5 hours)
Put meat and vegetables in a serving bowl with slotted spoon; cover with foil.
mix flour and water until well blended. Whisk into juices in slow cooker; cover. Cook on HIGH 15 min. or until sauce is slightly thickened. Spoon over meat and vegetables.
I didn't like the juices from this, I think the BBQ sauce was a little much. Next time I plan to cut that ingredient in half.
taz cookie jar
girl scout cookies 2011
fundraiser cookbook publishing
oreo cookie crafts
quick christmas cookies
induction cooktop ranges
Post a comment
| HOME |